Saturday, January 17, 2009

*How many Asians can you fit into a Bar/Lounge?











Very interesting Friday night, people!

I started my Friday night by getting off work at 4pm. From there I went straight to Barnes & Noble to buy cupcakes for my friends' 24th birthday party. It should be noted here that I love Barnes & Noble. I like reading/learning new things & I guess it's because there is an inside joke between myself & a good friend about a guy that works there. All you need to know is that my friend suggests all the time that I imagine myself and this "Barnes & Noble employee" rolling around on top of books with pages flying... LOL! Hey I'm not denying that I don't imagine that but this is NOT the highlight of my night!

From there I rush home to get all 'done' up (slang doesn't suit me well) for the nights' events. I curled my hair and I brought out my red heels and drove to her boyfriends' house where we'd meet her friend and all carpool together to the restaurant of her choice.

The birthday girl is a friend I haven't seen in maybe five or six years! Well, the restaurant of choice was P.F. Changs, but because the wait was an hour & a half, we drove down to RA Sushi and waited also, an hour and a half! LOL!

After dinner is where crazy stuff happened. As in... we went to Belvedere bar/lounge in uptown park by the Galleria, and I never go there unless its to do promotions for my night job. Well... who knew Belvedere hosted "Asian Night" on Friday's?!?!? NOT ME! I swear I've never been surrounded by THAT MANY ASIANS before! Like... in one room, all around my age! And it was funny because I knew some people, especially this guy that use to live in my old subdivision whose Aunt bought our home.

It's a small world.

Well, I met some nice people and I danced & I laughed all night long. It was a lot of fun. I got to think about a lot of things on the side and when I drove home, it got me thinking about a lot of things that have happened in my 'relationship' department. I'm not sure what it is about late night driving that gets the brain's juices flowing...especially in the love/hate memory department. I think it was the kind of drive home that I needed to think things through. The point is... i've said it many times now, but I finally believe that everything will be okay for me. Now.

I guess that's what liberation is like. Bittersweet.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it all works out for you. And nice blog template by the way!

    ReplyDelete