Sunday, January 18, 2009

*I splurged on a good UKE!






















Happy Sunday & what a glorious one it was! The weather was absolutely gorgeous today, and today was the first day in the New Year that I finally got it all to myself. I started off by going to the gym, then went to meet up some friends at a Greek restaurant.

Afterwards, they came along as I went to Rock'n Robin to pick out a ukulele! (Rock'n Robin---the music store, not Red Robin---the restaurant.) I was a little sporadic in the store because I couldn't contain my excitement! I have been longing to buy a ukulele and I finally got the guts to go out and buy one! I found some Uke's that were 'across the board' Uke's, meaning they were pretty much a standard make but when I turned around and the salesman showed me a soprano, koa wood Ukulele...I think angels came out of no where and sang for me... I mean even if the angels came out and farted, I STILL would've thought this Ukulele was by far the most gorgeous sounding piece of thing I'd ever heard!!!

So I swiped my Hello Kitty debit card and bought the dang thing. (Do you like my Texas twang?!) It was pretty pricey, but worth every penny. Every time I hear a Uke being played, I can't help but to smile. It is simply a gorgeous sounding instrument.

I was so excited I walked out of the store and yelled, "I just bought a Ukulele!! WHooOooo!" I high-fived my friends and then I posed with it outside of the store... lol!

We then went downtown to the park... It was a nice little Sunday. Definitely one of 'those' Sundays that didn't go by too fast or too slow.

:D

jabel

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your uke purchase! By the way, do you know how to read music? That might help. Love the blog - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to make you a sock puppet -- with a clean, fresh sock. Can't say when that might happen, but it just might someday! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete